A peaceful mind starts with an organized mind and there is no easier way to have an organized mind than to have an organized house. Clutter stacks up quickly and needs tended to constantly in order to keep from burying you in it. Below are 5 easy ways that can help you keep your head above the mess.
1. Make sure every item has a home. You remember the old saying “A place for everything and everything in its place”? Make sure that every item has a place where it needs to be stored permanently.
2. Set a schedule of when you are going to clean and stick to it. The longer it gets postponed, the more clutter will pile up. Tidy up daily and it won’t seem like it’s as big of a deal.
3. Do you keep many of the same type of item? Such as several remotes where one could possibly be programmed to function as all of the rest? Or how about 10 wooden cooking spoons, where as you only really use a couple. Get rid of the redundancy and it will free up room for storing other items.
4. Have specific areas of the house where different items can be contained until you can tend to them, such as a chair in corner of a room for clothes, or a corner of a counter for mail, paperwork, or purses. This will keep the piles from being scattered throughout the house, and will be good visual clues for when it’s time to clean.
5. Store up any out of season clothing to keep closets from being too full. You only need to do this twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall.
Question: What is another way that you can declutter your house? You can leave a comment below.